Psyche [sai-kee]
Origin: Ancient Greek ψυχή "psyche": breath; derivative of ψύχω "psychein": to breathe.
▸ noun: the actuating cause of an individual life; that which is responsible for one's thoughts, feelings and behavior; soul
Couturière [koo-toor-yer]
Origin: Old French "cousture": seam, from Latin "consuere": to stitch together; fashion designing, dressmaking
▸ noun: A woman engaged in couture.

Friday, June 15, 2012

and the Power to Carry It Out

I really fought myself as I tried rationalizing how busy I was and just couldn't go to my aunt's funeral. Funny, but when I confidently looked in my schedule those three days were miraculously mostly open and very easy to reschedule.  One of many little “coincidences” that forced me to accept another of those “knowledge of God's will” as I decided to go to my Aunt’s funeral.  Somehow, I knew that I was being led to attend the entire family ritual, from the journey there, the 8 hour viewing, the funeral, and the 4 hour round trip drive for the home town burial.

 As always, I had experienced this type of “nudge/shove” from God before, BUT, because God knows how I LOVE surprises, I again subconsciously set myself up to dread the intimacy of a family connection and thereby be “Surprised by Joy” at what would be a rewarding experience.   From 30 years experience of listening to these intuitions, I am amazed how many times the reward is in inverse proportion to the dread and depression prior to the experience….

This time, again, did not disappointment me.

No comments:

Post a Comment