Psyche [sai-kee]
Origin: Ancient Greek ψυχή "psyche": breath; derivative of ψύχω "psychein": to breathe.
▸ noun: the actuating cause of an individual life; that which is responsible for one's thoughts, feelings and behavior; soul
Couturière [koo-toor-yer]
Origin: Old French "cousture": seam, from Latin "consuere": to stitch together; fashion designing, dressmaking
▸ noun: A woman engaged in couture.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Give me the knowledge...

I get excited when I can still learn from the 12 step program philosophies.  For the last ten years my favorite step, brought to life by my recovery mentor, Barbara C., is the 11th step.

Give me the knowledge of your will today and the power to carry it out.”


I love how my sponsor says with serious emphasis "AND THE POWER ….pause…. TO CARRY IT OUT."  I will always consider my understanding and application of this step as the gift from this sponsor.  Each of my sponsors gave me many different gifts.  Barbara will always be remembered for teaching me to listen to, and follow through with, God's will.

I found myself  repeating that prayer last week ad nauseaum. Everyone has their own celestial whisperings and knows when they are active. So many positive outcomes happen when I listen to my intuition. In times of facing a particular circumstance, I notice myself wanting to avoid it with such strong rationa-LIEzing as to overpower the "little voice!"   I've learned the lesson that if I don’t want to do it, I NEED to.

No comments:

Post a Comment